We’re visual storytellers and we connect messages to audiences.
Delivering just the facts is not enough—no matter how rational and compelling they seem. You need to draw people in and make them care. You need to tell a real story — one that captivates, educates, and activates your audience.
We design great stories by combining the power of visual thinking with the wonder of a compelling narrative.
We help people understand the whats, whys, and hows that make your brand, product, or idea different — and better.
We do that by creating explanation videos, infographics, data visualizations, presentations, visual maps and posters, editorial design and illustration, ideation sessions, brand identities, and more. Have a look at our most recent work below.
· client: Data Quality Campaign
· deliverables: Videos & infographics
· overview: We created two stories for DQC: "Who Uses Student Data?" & "How Do Data Help Teachers?" These tools are used by the not-for-profit to support policymakers and other leaders in promoting the effective use of data to improve student achievement.
· client: TED-Ed
· deliverables: Explanatory videos
· overview: Tremendousness has designed two lessons for TED: "Sugar: Hiding In Plain Sight" & "Is Mathematics Discovered or Invented." TED-Ed’s award-winning original lessons are collaborations between expert educators, screenwriters, and animators.
MAKING SENSE OF COMPLEX DATA
· client: Fortune 500 CPG (client confidential)
· deliverables: Data visualization posters
· overview: We transformed old-fashioned spreadsheets into a set of custom, poster-sized data visualizations that teams can both stand back and study or interact with. The designs highlight both the data and key insights.
EXPLAINING A PROCESS
· client: Working Mother Magazine
· deliverables: Illustrations & charts
· overview: For the June/July 2014 issue of Working Mother, Tremendousness designed and illustrated a feature infographic called "Pipelines and Promises" that shows how companies can recruit, hire, retain, prepare, and promote multicultural women.
TELLING A STORY WITH DATA
· client: NACCHO (The National Association of County and City Health Officials)
· deliverables: Visual report
· overview: The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) completed an expansive Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) Network Profile study in 2013. The asked us to design a report using visual representations of statistical data (graphs, tables, infographics) to tell the many compelling stories that make up the MRC.
SHOWING 'WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME'
· client: Salesforce
· deliverables: Video & infographic
· overview: We created "Working Out Loud," a video and infographic in collaboration with Salesforce and Change Agents Worldwide. The projects explain the "What's In It For Me?" of enterprise social to potential users like you and me.
CREATING EXCITEMENT, UNDERSTANDING
· client: Marriott Hotels
· deliverables: Videos
· overview: Marriott hired Tremendousness to explain new features and benefits of its Marriott Rewards program, and encourage members to check it out on their mobile devices. The short videos explain Marriott’s Rewards feature value proposition in a clear, compelling, and memorable way.
· client: AARP Health Innovation Frontiers
· deliverables: Visual report
· overview: We turned a dense study into a compelling digital publication and presentation for entrepreneurs and innovators. There are incredible opportunities for these innovators and entrepreneurs to fill the needs of the 50+ market.
ENGAGING POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
· client: Digital Guardian
· deliverables: Conference materials & more
· overview: Tremendousness has done a variety of work for Digital Guardian (Verdasys), including trade show and conference booths, branding, and other design.
· client: AARP ASI
· deliverables: Infographics & presentations
· overview: We developed a set of visual tools to help clarify roles and competencies within the AARP Services, Inc. organizational structure.
· client: IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)
· deliverables: Visual change communications
· overview: Tremendousness created materials for InterContinental Hotels Group that explain the benefits of a new front office system, as well as the perils of an outdated one.
· client: Mississippi Press Association
· deliverables: Explanatory video
· overview: The MPA wanted a clear and compelling video that quickly explained Mississippi's newspaper readership to advertisers.
DEMOING YOUR PRODUCT
· client: Veracode
· deliverables: Video
· overview: We created a demo video that explains MARS, Veracode's Mobile Application Reputation Service, and demonstrates how to use the app in just two and a half minutes.
· client: American Advertising Federation
· deliverables: Illustrative infographic
· overview: ADMERICA is the AAF’s national conference. They asked us to create an infographic that would convey a sense of celebration, diversity, collaboration, technology, and of course, the advertising process. The graphics will be broadly applied across deliverables including website, brochures, badges, and projection monitors.
HAVING A LITTLE FUN
· client: Tremendousness
· deliverables: iPhone app
· overview: Need advice? Ask Ask-O-Matic, a fun iPhone app that helps you make decisions. Just ask a "should I or shouldn't I?" question and swipe. The app comes with seven quirky but beautiful characters.
Have you ever considered whether mathematics would exist if people didn't? Educator Jeff Dekofsky did, so we collaborated with him and TED-Ed to create this fun, animated video exploring the origin of mathematics. Think “Mathy” Python.
(Bonus: no math needed!)
Tremendousness visualizes information to drive understanding. Everything we design helps a person, a group, an organization, a country, or a planet communicate something they consider important to another planet, country, organization, group, or person. Tremendousness has offices in Saint Louis, Missouri and Washington, D.C.
We have 65+ years of combined infodesign experience.
Tremendousness was founded by five highly visually creative people who share a passion for helping others understand complicated products, processes, inventions, and ideas. With over 65 years of combined experience as visual thinkers and storytellers, we’ve gotten pretty good at it. And, we love what we do.
Our partnership includes three world-class designers, one frighteningly organized program manager, and the most user experience-focused, customer-obsessed strategist that you'll ever meet. We’re not here to remove complexity from your life—we're here to help make sense of it so you can explain it to others.
We’re looking for some good people.
If you’d like to consider Tremendousness for a project, want to invite us to speak, or just want to say hi, contact us below.
+1 202 680 9752
The Tremendousness Collective
4738 McPherson Avenue
Saint Louis, Missouri 63108 USA
©2014 Tremendousness | Check out our Blog