- The Digital Evangelist Leading Google’s Storytelling Movement | “‘Storytelling rocks.’ Two words I never thought I’d hear from an expert in data analytics. But Avinash Kaushik isn’t like most data experts, and the lessons he offers can help professionals in any industry stand out from the competition.”
- The Ancient Storytelling Secret That Every Leader Needs To Know | “The heroic quest predates written language, and its basic structure can help leaders guide teams through huge changes.”
- What happened when a bike company started putting TVs on the sides of its delivery packages | “Delivery damages have reduced by 70 to 80 per cent since VanMoof started masking them as flatscreen televisions.”
- Icebreakers Are Terrible. They Also, Unfortunately, Work Really Well. | “To all but the most enthusiastic few, icebreakers are just a necessary evil — even though they’re supposed to dispel the awkwardness, forced getting-to-know-you games often feel like they’re just making an awkward event even more so, whether you’re at freshman orientation or a corporate retreat. So why do we insist on beginning so many situations by suffering through trust walks and elaborate name games? Is there any value to making a roomful of people miserable with false cheer? Psychologist Anton Villado is adamant that the answer is yes, and that icebreakers don’t have to be pleasant to be effective.”
- New Desk & Shelf System from @theartifox | “This beautiful minimalist desk is everything you need it to be. A lightweight design that’s assembled in minutes, utilizing hardwood and steel for lasting durability. It features a built-in dock for all of your tech devices and you’ll love how it’s functional cable grid neatly manages those messy power cords. DESK 02 was designed to adapt to your needs with mix and match accessories that allow you to create the perfect workspace.”
- The Age of the Wordless Logo | “Consumers are jaded about advertising in a way they weren’t several decades ago.”
- An Elementary School Has Kids Meditate Instead Of Punishing Them and the Results are Profound | “The new policy has been in place for over a year, and in the time that the meditation room has been set up, there has actually been no suspensions throughout the entire year.”
- John Cleese on How “Stupid People Have No Idea How Stupid They Are” | “(a.k.a. the Dunning-Kruger Effect)”
- How the Mona Lisa became so overrated | “No, it’s not just the smile.”
- The 50 Best Ambient Albums of All Time | “Wallpaper music? None here. These are the albums that have shifted moods and created new worlds.”
Bonus: Dedication of the Douglas B. Dowd Modern Graphic History Library. Congratulations D.B.!
Image: artwork from Pitchfork, link #10.