Even though we’re just now sharing her link roundup, Alicia Chen has been working with us since last fall and we love having her here. She’s a 2018 graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, where she earned a BFA in Communication Design with minors in Psychology and Computer Science.
Alicia also has experience working as a toy designer and creating cute concept art, but outside of work she sticks to more morbid subjects like skeletons or surreal dreams. We’re thrilled to weave her artistic talents into our collective. Here are some of her favorite links!
A few artists I like:
- Sachin Teng | “I’m a freelance artist from NYC, where I was born and raised in the borough of Staten Island. I attended LaGuardia Arts for High School in Manhattan and Pratt Institute for a BFA in Communication Design with a focus on Illustration…”
- Eli Spencer | “25 year old Illustrator from England, currently residing in Glasgow. Graduated from Edinburgh College of Art (BA Illustration) in 2017.”
- Kevin Hong | “Kevin Hong is a Korean-American illustrator working in editorial, publishing, games and animation. His illustrations have appeared in Wired, Entertainment Weekly, and on Tor.com. In animation, he has worked as a background design and paint artist for Titmouse and Cartoon Network, and as a supervisor at Sun Creature Studios. When not drawing he’s usually watching anime, reading manga or playing Monster Hunter.”
- Allissa Chan | “Carbon-based lifeform who does illustration, comics, and concept art, and exists in the northeast part of what is known as the US. I like stories that feel close to the kinds of emotions you experience when you’ve stayed up a little too late. My current life goal is to befriend a flock of crows.”
- Cleonique Hilsaca | “Cleonique Hilsaca is an Arab-Honduran Illustrator, living in Savannah, GA. She graduated from the Savannah College of Art & Design with a B.F.A. in Illustration and a minor in Graphic Design. Her professional work can be found in newspapers, magazines, books and galleries. She is currently working on her first board game and graphic novel. Though her work is primarily digital, she can be found painting watercolors in the wild.”
And a few YouTube channels I like:
- emmymade | “I love learning about our world through food and invite you to come along for the ride. If you have something which you think is extra special or unique in some way, or timely for me to try, please send me a direct message here on YouTube, or on FaceBook, and I’ll see if I can fit it in.”
- Caitlin Doughty | “Mortician in Los Angeles. You got death questions, we got death answers. Mortality + Culture.”
- Captain Disillusion | “In a world where the content of digital images and videos can no longer be taken at face value, an unlikely hero fights for the acceptance of truth. Captain Disillusion guides children of all ages through the maze of visual fakery to the open spaces of reality and peace of mind. Subscribe to get fun and detailed explanations of current “unbelievable” viral videos that fool the masses!”
- Game Maker’s Toolkit | “Game Maker’s Toolkit is a deep dive into game design, level design, and game production, hosted by Mark Brown.”
- New Frame Plus | “New Frame Plus is a series about video game animation, created by Daniel Floyd (professional animator and co-creator of Extra Credits). If you came here hoping to nerd out about the animation in video games, then you’ve come to the RIGHT PLACE.”
Image: illustrations by Sachin Teng, artist link #1.