- Wealth shown to scale | 400 people! This is data viz for good.
- Workers Don’t Want to Return to Offices. Start Preparing Now | “A new survey from IBM shows that, for a majority of Americans, remote work is here to stay.”
- How to Deal With Career Anxiety in Uncertain Times | “Dealing with hardship is a hallmark of being human. As some of us grapple with more time, some of us with much less, some with loss, others with opportunity, crisis may look different to us all. But what we share is a close encounter with the uncertainty of life and a deeper need to find the bright spots in humanity.”
- 68 Bits of Unsolicited AdviceSecond Order Risk | “It’s my birthday. I’m 68. I feel like pulling up a rocking chair and dispensing advice to the young ‘uns. Here are 68 pithy bits of unsolicited advice which I offer as my birthday present to all of you.” —Kevin Kelly
- Proposals for the Feminine Economy | “A holistic vision for a new economic paradigm, founded on feminine and feminist principles.”
- Not everything will be okay (but some things will) | “You know you’re in a bad spot when passing sidewalk chalk platitudes on your daily walk makes you murderous.”
- Artists Are More Anxious Than People in Other Professions—But They Are Also Better at Coping With Challenges, a New Study Finds
| “Researchers at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence found that creativity is higher among people with certain psychological traits.”
- 7 Artists on the Self-Care Rituals that Keep Them Creative | “Artmaking requires significant self-discipline and an ability to ruminate on abstract ideas for hours or days at a time, over the course of many years. Some artists turn to self-care regimens to add structure to their lives or to hone mindfulness, both of which help in furthering their art practices.”
- AR Cut & Paste | “An AR+ML prototype that allows cutting elements from your surroundings and pasting them in an image editing software. Although only Photoshop is being handled currently, it may handle different outputs in the future.”
- St. Louis city flag flies triumphant over Twitter-land | “That’s one handsome city flag you got there, Tulsa … but you never really stood a chance. In a social media contest concocted by a Twitter account called “”March Madness of Flags,” the flag of our fair burg waved goodbye to Tulsa’s pennant as it ran away with the competition.”
Image: brackets by March Madness of Flags, link #10.