Let’s do a roundup of roundups, shall we? Have a great New Year, everyone!
- 136 INTERNET VIDEOS THAT BLEW MY MIND* (*at some point or another) | “A couple of days ago marked my five year anniversary leading creative development at Condé Nast Entertainment. I remember so vividly on this first day feeling energized to compile a list of internet videos which left some sort of impression on me since the dawn of the internet video explosion…”
- Ten leading lights from the creative world on their “moment” of the decade | “This year, as you’ve presumably already spotted, we’re not only saying goodbye to 2019; we’re also bidding a (perhaps not-so-fond) farewell to a decade: the 2010s.”
- The Verge’s 11 favorite podcasts of 2019 | “Great stuff to listen to.”
- The 100 Best Comics of the Decade | “The decade from 2010-2019 was a transformative one for comics.”
- Longform’s Best of 2019 | “We recommended 988 articles this year. These were our favorites.”
- The 11 most popular Co.Design stories of the year | “Here are the stories readers spent the most time reading in 2019.”
- Photos of the Decade: 2010–19 | “The past 10 years have been eventful ones, beginning with Iceland’s erupting Eyjafjallajökull volcano and the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, through the violent rise of the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, the refugee crisis in Europe, the U.S. presidential election of 2016, the first close-up images of Pluto, the #MeToo movement, an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, and so much more. Warning: Some of the photos may contain graphic or objectionable content.”
- Our Favorite Typefaces of 2018 | “If there’s any thread that binds this edition of our annual, it is diversity. I mean this in terms of style and purpose, of course (as is true every year), but a wide range of voices and ideas made itself especially evident in 2018. (Yes, 2018!)
- The Best Reusable Produce Bags, Beeswax Wraps, and Other Ways to Reduce Plastic Waste | “Single-use plastics like zip-top bags and plastic wrap are everyday items in many kitchens, but there’s a growing consensus that they’re not great for the environment. Luckily, there are more and more reusable alternatives out there.”
- The Whoppers of 2019 | “Our compilation of the most egregious falsehoods of the year.”
Image: screenshot from link #1.