WELCOME TO YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE…
We are seeking a Head of Business Development to help us intentionally grow our business. This job opening is a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of a successful independent design company.
WHO WE ARE
Tremendousness is a design firm that believes in the power of visual storytelling to inspire understanding and change. We work with corporate and non-profit clients to make complex ideas understandable and engaging by using visual storytelling, information design, and co-creation to help people and organizations humanize transformation, accelerate innovation, and power sales, marketing, and thought leadership. We love what we do. Maybe you’d love working here, too.
Our firm is full of talented and creative problem solvers who see value in all types of intelligences and experiences. We’re intent on building a team that is inclusive and supportive of people with different intersecting identities and believe this diversity of perspectives is what makes work and life better.
This is a leadership role. You’ll be responsible for new business development and consultative sales to senior executives at Fortune 1000 companies and large nonprofits. You will also guide the account management team in identifying, pursuing, and successfully closing deals for strategic design services to existing clients. The role does not manage project engagements but is critical in framing and defining them. Based on in-person client needs, it may require occasional travel to prospect and customer sites (primarily in the U.S., when deemed safe post-pandemic).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Head of Business Development you’ll be a trusted advisor to key customers through your collaborative sales efforts and the exceptional work of our distributed team of designers, strategists, and project managers. You will…
- Engage: Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues—you’ll thrive in this role if you’re someone who is eager to work with a diversity of people and topics
- Sell: Identify, pursue, and close business with new and existing customers, with quota assignment and expected attainment based on individual and team goals
- Lead: Hire, motivate, and manage a team of talented sales and account managers
- Support: Contribute to and support the leadership team’s strategic objectives and the interests of the larger team
- Earn: OTE for this role is $180–$250K, but is not capped and we offer generous benefits including 401(k) matching and PTO (more on benefits below)
WHY WE’D BE A GOOD MATCH
We’re looking for a creative thinker, someone passionate about using communication and design to solve problems and drive positive change. You’ll succeed if you’re self-motivated and motivational, love cross-functional collaboration, thrive in a creative, non-corporate environment, and have…
- Experience: It’s preferred that you have a Bachelor’s degree, references, and ~10+ years of experience in business development, sales, creative account management, or relevant related fields generating $2M+ of new business annually
- Ambition: You’d love for us to help you to achieve your goals through collaboration, development, and support—all while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Talent: You’re organized and enjoy presenting, whether in-person or virtually, and are proud of your business acumen, executive presence, and communication skills
- Curiosity: Like us, you have the curiosity to understand how and why things work and are able to have fun and be productive in evolving situations
- Creativity: Our project approach is necessarily creative and collaborative—and you enjoy using your imagination in partnership with other talented people
- Ethics: You love the idea of being an integral part of an honest and transparent company that believes in kindness, quality, flexibility, and equal opportunity
HOW WE THINK ABOUT BENEFITS AND CULTURE
We understand and respect that there’s life at work and life outside of work. It’s important to stay in balance so all of us can be healthy and able to relax, while receiving the pay and support we need. Our benefits include…
- Competitive salary and 6% matching 401(k), including professional financial guidance
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Flexible hours and work-from-home or remote options
- Paid parental, bereavement, and jury duty leave policies, plus FMLA
- Personal and professional learning opportunities, both in-house and external
- Paid Time Off, as well as these U.S. holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after, and the week of Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- The opportunity to be part of a team that encourages applications from all communities, then supports them in their work—this includes LGBTQ, non-binary, people of color, Indigenous, immigrants, disabled, oppressed, and other historically marginalized groups