Welcome to your next adventure.
Tremendousness is a design firm that believes in the power of visual storytelling to inspire change. We craft stories that turn ideas into amazing actions and outcomes. Our human-centered methodology is a mash-up of visual thinking, information design, and visual storytelling to help organizations explore and explain complex ideas, innovations, products, and processes.
We design clear, emotionally engaging communications and experiences for Fortune 500s, startups, NGOs, and other organizations. And we’re experts at re-purposing visuals and narrative across various mediums, so our clients can engage their audiences online or offline—across multiple venues, screens, and social channels.
The Business Development Associate at Tremendousness supports new business opportunities, proposals, and our overall growth strategy.
The candidate will learn consultative sales at a successful design firm. As part of a close-knit team in a fast-paced environment, they will excel at both working collaboratively and independently to:
- Support lead generation activities including coordination of outbound campaigns and social media marketing
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to assess customer preferences and strength of our service offering
- Support proposal coordination and writing, new business development, and strategic initiatives
- Assist with identifying, qualifying, and pursuing new opportunities
- Maintain our CRM system
- Contribute to overall Business Development and Account strategies
Candidates must have outstanding writing skills, excellent time management and organization skills, and the desire to be part of growing an innovative small business. Attention to detail is critical.
- We have offices in St. Louis and Washington DC, but for the right person the role can be remote
- This work is both collaborative and autonomous, and we’ll always help you to achieve your goals and to thrive through support, collaboration, professional development, and regular check-ins
- This BD associate role does not have an individual sales quota, but there will be productivity/performance metrics. And this person will be part of a team that is accountable for meeting sales goals—there is shared accountability for business development.
- Exceptional communication skills, ethics, growth potential, and work habits are absolutely required
- Bachelor’s degree with 3–5 years of experience preferred
- Salary plus sales bonus commensurate with experience and performance
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Competitive salary and matching 401k
- Parental Leave Policy
- Flexible hours and work-from-home options
- Paid Time Off, as well as these holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & the Friday after, and Christmas Eve through New Year’s Eve
- The opportunity to be part of an open and transparent company full of creative people working with global brands
Are we a good fit? Send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tremendousness is an equal opportunity employer. We seek people who are passionate about being Tremendous. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace and strive to provide an inclusive work environment for people of any race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Visual: Illustration by W. Scott Matthews / Tremendousness.