CAREERS AT TREMENDOUSNESS
Design your future
Tremendousness is a design firm that believes in the power of visual storytelling to inspire understanding and change. We work with a wide variety of corporate and non-profit clients and so we see value in all types of intelligence and experiences. We’re intent on building a team that is inclusive and supportive of people with different intersecting identities, and believe this diversity of perspectives is what makes work and life better.
As diversity expert Aubrey Blanche says, “From the use of male-sized crash dummies during the testing of airbags to the issues for people of color in Google’s facial recognition software, there’s overwhelming evidence that if you don’t have diversity on your team, you’re going to miss something. That’s because balanced teams are better at problem identification. They see more problems, they hold each other more to account and they’re also a lot more uncomfortable and challenging, but that’s what pushes us to be great.”
We want to be great.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re proud to give our team some great benefits, support systems, and opportunities:
- Competitive salary and 6% matching 401k, including professional financial guidance
- Flexible hours and work-from-home or remote options
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and disability coverage
- Paid parental, bereavement, and jury duty leave policies, plus FMLA
- Personal and professional learning opportunities, both in-house and external
- Paid Time Off, as well as most U.S. holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after, and the week of Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- The opportunity to be part of a supportive and transparent company full of creative people working with global brands and important organizations and institutions
- The opportunity to be part of a team that encourages applications from all communities, then supports them in their work—this includes LGBTQ, non-binary, people of color, Indigenous, immigrants, disabled, oppressed, and other historically marginalized groups
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Tremendousness untangles complexity and transforms big ideas into compelling visual stories for Fortune 1000 clients and not-for-profit organizations (foundations, think tanks, and advocacy orgs) in the health, technology, and education sectors.
We’re looking for an Information Designer to join our team of experts in information graphics, video animations, interactive experiences, and live sketching—someone who lives for the challenge of wrapping your head around complex information and data. The position is fully remote and US-based.
Posted 17 Mar 2023. See the full job posting.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out these blog posts:
- Being Tremendous | A look at our core values
- A Tremendous experience | How we look at employee experience
There are no internship openings at the moment but we’re always on the lookout for sharp, talented creatives with a passion for beautiful storytelling and design. If your light shines bright in the areas of graphic design, illustration, animation, or UX/UI, we’d love to hear from you.
Our collective backgrounds are varied, so while an art school degree is helpful it’s not mandatory. We know that great artists, like great art, come in all shapes, sizes, and colors so if you’ve got the potential, we’ll work with you—even remotely!